Spring and summer in Wilmington offer an incredible setting for getting together to enjoy live music outdoors. It’s no wonder so many area restaurants and venues host outdoor concerts. Here are a few of Wilmington’s Summer Concerts we recommend for all ages.
Airlie Garden’s Summer Concerts
The greenery and gardens offer a gorgeous backdrop for a concert at Airlie Gardens from 6-8 p.m. the first and third Friday May-September.
Cost: Adults $9, children $2 and free for Airlie Gardens Members and children younger than 4.
Tips: Bring chairs or blankets to sit on and a snack or meal to share with friends and family. Better yet, let someone else do the cooking. Small plates and craft beer will be available from Front Street Brewery. You can park at the Old Cinema 6 (5335 Oleander Drive across from Jungle Rapids) and catch a free trolley
- May 6: Signal Fire (reggae)
- May 20: Boba Funk (funk, R&B)
- June 3: The Midatlantic Band (folk rock)
- June 17: Jack Jack 180 (pop, rock)
- July 1: Stray Local (folk, Americana)
- July 15: L Shape Lot (Americana)
- August 5: BLP (dance)
- August 19: Bibis Ellison (Indie/pop/soul)
- September 2: ‘Shine (soft rock)
- September 16: Jim Quick & The Coastline (beach music, soul)
Bluewater’s Live Music on the Patio on Sundays
Tip: Come prepared to DANCE!
Oceanic Pier Wednesdays and Friday
Twice a week during spring and summer months, Oceanic Restaurant invites guests to dance and listen to music on the Crystal Pier that extends 500 feet into the Atlantic Ocean on the South End of Wrightsville Beach.
Cost: Free but be prepared to order some appetizers and beverages.
Tips: Try the Key Lime Tini or Seaside Mojito
|May 20: Steven Compton||July 13: Robbie Berry|
|May 25: Mykel Barbee||July 15: Mike Frusia|
|May 27: Mykel Barbee||July 20: Robbie Berry|
|June 1: Mike Frusia||July 22: Selah Dubb|
|June 3: Steven Compton||July 27: Mykel Barbee|
|June 8: Rob Ronner||July 29: Tony Barnes|
|June 10: Tony Barnes||Aug 3: Steven Compton|
|June 15: Mykel Barbee||Aug 5: Selah Dubb|
|June 17: Robbie Berry||Aug 10: Rob Ronner|
|June 22: Robbie Berry||Aug 12: Mike Frusia|
|June 24 :Selah Dubb||Aug 17: Mykel Barbee|
|June 29: Tony Barnes||Aug 19: Tony Barnes|
|July 1: Steven Compton||Aug 24: Robbie Berry|
|July 6: Mykel Barbee||Aug 26: Selah Dubb|
|July 8: Rob Ronner||Aug 31: Tony Barnes|
The beautiful, brand new, 1,500+ seat theater in Downtown Wilmington has quickly become a favorite venue for watching live concerts. And as you can see from the line-up, Wilmington is in store for an incredible and eclectic summer.
- Maks & Val Live On Tour: Our Way, Friday, June 24 – 7:30 p.m.
- Gladys Knight, Saturday, June 25 – 7:30 p.m.
- North Carolina Symphony’s Stars & Stripes, Saturday, July 2 – 7:30 p.m.
- Jefferson Starship & The Babys, Friday, August 26 – 8:00 p.m.
- “Weird Al” Yankovic, Thursday, September 8 – 7:30 p.m.
- Aaron Neville, Saturday, September 24 – 8:00 p.m.
- Tickets for this performance range $35–$75 (+taxes and fees)
Brunswick Forest Concerts
“Celebration Concert” with The Fury (Rock cover band) for the Sun Fun Festival June 4, 6 p.m. after the Cardboard Boat Regatta Race at Brunswick Forest.
Tips: Pack your chairs, tents and tailgate items for a night of celebration, music and lots of fun!
Enjoy the shows!