If you’re considering a move to Wilmington NC, what are you waiting for? You will love wandering Wilmington’s beautiful parks, riverwalks, beaches and streets during all four of our seasons. There is also no shortage of festivals and fun events year around. Here are just few reasons you’ll want to move to Wilmington now…
1. Spend Time on Area Beaches
There are plenty of beaches within a half hour drive of Wilmington, and the truth is, our beaches are among the prettiest in America. Local favorites are Kure Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Topsail Island and Carolina Beach. Whether you’re in the mood for the boardwalks, fishing, swimming, or nature walks, the Wilmington area has you covered.
2. Get your Golf on!
Our climate here in Wilmington is such that we can play golf twelve months of the year. While spring is peak golf time, when the grass is lush and the courses are in peak shape, you can find great golf year around. Best of all, these great public golf courses in the Wilmington area are gorgeous, challenging, and affordable!
- Beau Rivage Golf & Resort: This unusual manicured course framed by Carolina pines has several holes on the par 72 layout with 40 to 75 feet elevation changes.
- Cape Fear National Golf: Cape Fear National at Brunswick Forest offers 18 holes of premium public golf in a beautiful setting.
- Castle Bay Golf & Country Club: Castle Bay is a true links course, letting players enjoy links golf without traveling to Scotland.
- North Shore: Located inland from Topsail Island in Sneads Ferry, North Shore’s holes are located along the Intracoastal Waterway, which usually brings a prevailing sea breeze into play.
3. Outdoor Dining on the Rivers, Intracoastal Waterway, and Atlantic Ocean
Somehow food just tastes better outdoors—that’s Wilmington we so many Wilmington NC restaurants have created terrific outdoor patios for dining. From the river to the sea, Wilmington locals love to wine and dine outdoors.
4. You’ll Loving Being a Tourist in Your New Hometown
Be a tourist in your own town! Move to Wilmington, NC and enjoy a plethora of attractions that are fun at any age.
- Bellamy Mansion & Burgwin Wright House: Experience Wilmington’s rich history at these two museums highlighting life, history, and architecture from the 1700’s
- Battleship North Carolina: Envision the daily life the crew faced in the Pacific Theatre during World War II.
- NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher: Discover aquatic wildlife at free daily dive shows and animal encounters.
- Jungle Rapids: No sand, salt or sharks at this water park! Enjoy ocean like waves in the million gallon wave pool.
- Tregembo Animal Park: Check out over 130 species of animals lions, tigers, and bears.
- Airlie Gardens: Formal gardens, wildlife trails, and an astonishing number of flowers in bloom make Airlie a favorite for tourists and locals alike.
- Poplar Grove Plantation: Tour the Manor and grounds of of the oldest existing peanut plantations in North Carolina.
5. Wilmington Loves a Great Festival!
The award winning North Carolina Azalea Festival draws tens of thousands to Wilmington for a week of parties, concerts, competitions and a street fair.
6. Get your Dream House Before Someone Else Does
As we mentioned at the beginning, home prices are increasing each month. Buy yours before prices move up again. Beautiful choices are available at
- Brunswick Forest is building a brand new neighborhood, Banyan Bay. In this privately gated enclave all residents will be able to walk and bike through the neighborhood. Floridian-style of architecture is available in nine floor plans and all emphasize resort-like outdoor living.
- River Bluffs is building a marina and riverwalk along the North Cape Fear River. Once the Marina is complete, residents will be able to enjoy a leisurely 10-minute commute to Downtown Wilmington, NC by boat or car! Keep up to date on the building progress here.
- Herrington Homes is your go-to choice for building a quality, affordable custom home in the Wilmington area. We’ve been following them along during a custom home build in the Sea Grove Community in Carolina Beach. You can follow the progress here.
- Kitchen Blueprints is an excellent resource for building or updating your kitchen before or after you relocate here. Serving Wilmington since 1990, they are winning designers and dealers for Wood-Mode and Brookhaven Cabinetry in the area.
We look forward to calling you “Neighbor” and welcoming you to Wilmington.