Let’s make Dad feel special on his day! For every different kind of dad, there’s a perfect Father’s Day treat, especially in Wilmington. Is your dad an active, sporty guy? Is he more of a spectator? Does he like to eat? If any of these are true of your father, check out our Father’s Day activities and make June 18, 2017 a great day for Dad.
Get Out and Do Something with Dad
The gift dads appreciate most is time with the kids, so get out and play this Father’s Day! If time doesn’t allow an outing on the big day, give Dad a gift certificate for a fun activity.
- Jungle Rapids: The kids and Dad will love a day of water slides, laser tag, go carts, and more at this favorite Wilmington summer landmark.
- Cape Fear Serpentarium: Snakes and lizards always keep Father’s Day cool.
- Museum of the Bizarre: Has Dad been to Wilmington’s newest museum?
- NC Aquarium: A day with fish and kids is perfect for Father’s Day.
- Tregembo Animal Park: Take the kids to the Wilmington zoo with more than 130 animals.
- Battleship North Carolina: Take Dad out for a bit of history.
A Golf Game is a Great Gift
Is your dad a duffer? He may appreciate a game at a new course–or a gift certificate for his favorite. Some of the area’s finest links include:
- North Shore Country Club in Sneads Ferry
- Castle Bay Country Club in Hampstead
- Cape Fear National in Leland
- Beau Rivage Golf and Resort in Wilmington
Have Father’s Day on the Water
On a hot June day, there’s nothing better than a boat ride. Book a yacht or fishing charter, or just head out on the river for a sightseeing cruise. Try these watery treats for Father’s Day:
- Topsail Charter Fishing
- Wilmington Yacht Charters
- Vonda Kay: Wrightsville Beach charter fishing
- Queen Jean: Topsail charter fishing
- Cape Fear Riverboats: River cruises every day
Take Your Dad Out to Eat on Father’s Day
A dinner out where Dad doesn’t have to pay is always welcome! Or give your father a gift certificate to his favorite restaurant. Try one of these favorites:
- Banks Channel Pub & Grille
- Bluewater Grill
- Fork N Cork
- Hops Supply Co.
- Pilot House
- Smoke on the Water
- South Beach Grill
See a Father’s Day Show
If your dad likes live theater, you’re all set for Father’s Day, June 18, 2017.
- Thalian Hall: Take Dad to see the classic Jesus Christ Superstar, playing June 7 to 25, 2017. The greatest rock opera ever created sets the greatest story ever told to music.
- Big Dawg Productions: The Laramie Project is a compelling collage of inhumanity and compassion.