It’s only once a year, so make Mother’s Day special – make it just right for Mom! Here are several suggestions for things to do with mom this Mother’s Day. Let her choose the things she likes to do best.
The big day is Sunday, May 14, 2017
If you’re stumped, we have a few ideas for fun things to do on Mother’s Day. To thank your mom for all she has done, try some of these things:
Take Mom on a Tour of the Town This Mother’s Day
- Airlie Gardens: On a pretty Mother’s Day, take a walk with Mom on Airlie’s 67 acres of paths and formal gardens that showcase seasonal blooms.
- Bellamy Mansion: Your mom will love a Mother’s Day tour at this historic antebellum mansion with a lush Victorian garden.
- Battleship North Carolina: Step back in time at the Battleship North Carolina and follow the story of its brave crewmen in the Pacific theater of World War II.
Treat Mom to Some Pampering
- Coastal Massage & Bodywork: Join in for a couples massage (it’s not just for romantic couples!) or a spa package for Mom.
- Joseph Zell & Company Salon: Treat Mom to a new hair style, facial, waxing or lash extensions.
Treat Mom to a Mother’s Day Brunch
Brunch is a Mother’s Day tradition! Make your reservations soon to be sure you get a place at the table this Mother’s Day. Try brunch at one of these favorite Wilmington restaurants:
- Ceviche’s: Panamanian-inspired brunch is served Sunday 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Elijah’s: Dine outdoors on the Wilmington Riverwalk.
- Fork N Cork: Delicious fare in downtown Wilmington.
- Henry’s: Sunday brunch starts at 10 a.m.
- Hops Supply Co.: Brunch is served all day Sunday at this gastropub.
- Pembroke’s: Brunch is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Rx Restaurant: Enjoy brunch with a changing seasonal menu for Mother’s Day.
- Pilot House: Riverside dining in downtown Wilmington.
- Pinpoint: A special Sunday brunch is 10:30 to 2 p.m.
- Platypus & Gnome: Eclectic meals on Front Street.
- Smoke on the Water: Seafood and more on a bucolic riverside deck.
There are lots of Brunch choices in Wrightsville Beach too:
- Banks Channel Pub & Grille: Brunch is Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Bluewater Grill: Mom will love the patio dining overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Oceans Café: Dine with an ocean view at Holiday Inn Resorts.
- Oceanic: Your oceanside brunch is served 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- South Beach Grill: A Wrightsville Beach favorite.
Staying on Topsail Island?
- Daddy Mac’s: On the ocean in Surf City with brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Go Shopping with Mom on Mother’s Day
Take Mom out for a shopping trip that’s just for fun, and buy her a little something she likes! Try these unusual shopping experiences:
- Blue Moon Gift Shops: More than 100 shops!
- Bumblebee Market: Something for everyone in Surf City.
- Crescent Moon: A huge, eclectic selection in historic downtown.
- Cotton Exchange: More than 30 fun shops in rambling historic buildings.
- Eclipse Artisan Boutique: Beautiful hand-crafted items.
- Lumina Station: Shopping fun at Wrightsville Beach.
- New River Pottery: Find something cool here!
- Southern Emporium: Southern and beach-themed treats in Surf City.